Request for Proposals (RFP):
A Focus on Young People
PROPOSAL DEADLINE – FEBRUARY 14, 2022
Young people are a critical part of the movement toward healing trauma, attachment issues and other mental health concerns. We want to make sure youth voices are pivotal to the conversation, and to actions going forward. The ATTACh 34th Annual Childhood Trauma and Attachment Conference will this year include special sessions on youth and young people. We will highlight young people from around the U.S., their stories and insight as related to their growth, development, livelihood, and wellbeing. While attention in this area of the conference is being shaped for young people, the content and hearing from these critical voices will benefit everyone attending the broader conference. We are looking for proposals from individuals and organizations showcasing issues impacting young people and how young people are working to address those issues. ATTACh may select some proposals for inclusion in the broader conference. All proposals must be developed in whole or in collaboration with young people (aged 16-25) and feature some of them as presenters and/or panelists. Click Here to Complete and Submit the RFP Form.
GENERAL PROPOSAL CRITERIA
We are seeking a range of proposals and presenters covering the breadth of diversity throughout the U.S., including key issues, affected sectors, age and race/ethnicity, notably including participants from traditionally marginalized communities. Workshops can have varied formats including panels, lectures, discussions, interactive activities, or skill-building sessions. Workshop format, if appropriate, can include a brief performance. The session can be 45 or 90 minutes long.
Proposals should focus/include at least 4 out of 7 components listed below:
- Focus on trauma, attachment, mental health/emotional concerns/issues, adoption/foster care and other topics of interest.
- Inspire, educate and inform the activities of young people (ages 16-25) working in mental health.
- Engage session attendees and/or are interactive.
- Offer practical/useful tools and ideas that participants can use in their states, cities, communities, and organizations, including innovative strategies, exemplary models, powerful narratives, and accessible artistic and cultural expressions.
- Focus on systemic solutions and emphasize systems and cultural change.
- Connect to active issue campaigns, projects, grassroots community organizing, current struggles and/or movement-building efforts.
- Incorporate race and equity issues in systems work.
Submissions that are accepted will receive notification by MARCH 25, 2022. Contact email@example.com if you have any questions. Visit www.attach.org to learn more about the 34th Annual Childhood Trauma and Attachment Conference in Anaheim, California on September 30 – October 1, 2022. Early hotel reservations are currently being accepted.