- Sort by Default Order
- Rose A. Lewis and Jane DyerThis story of a woman who travels to China to adopt a baby girl, based on the author's own experiences, is a celebration of the love and joy a baby brings into the home. Full color.Buy on Amazon
- by Marion Dane BauerA rhyming story about a parent's unlimited love for a child--in the same format as the bestselling book I Love You Through and Through, and with pictures by the same illustrator."How do I love you? Let me count the ways. I love you as the sun loves the bright blue days . . ."In this board book with padded covers, a parent declares her love...as the bees love a flower, a duck loves a shower, a bird loves to sing, a bear loves the spring. Written by Newbery-award-winning author Marion Dane Bauer, inspired by the poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and with pictures by Caroline Jayne Church, illustrator of the bestselling I Love You Through and Through.Buy on Amazon
Attachment Training for Parents and Professionals5 Session Training Starts: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 9 pm CST** after adding, click on View Cart to complete payment
The six-hour DVD follows the topics introduced in ATTACh's book Hope for Healing: A handbook for parents of children who have disorders of attachment. The accompanying Study Guide can also be used as a springboard for discussion of the issues and techniques presented. The presenter is Mary M. McGowan, Executive Director of ATTACh and adoptive parent of five. This DVD will help parents, family members, educators, and others learn to support children on their path to healthy, loving, and trusting relationships.
Healing Trauma Through Sensory Integration and Occupational Therapy Treatment2 Session Training Starts: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:30 pm – 9 pm CST** after adding, click on View Cart to complete payment
- Jude Cassidy, Ph.D.; Phillip R. Shaver, Ph.D.From foremost authorities, this comprehensive work is more than just the standard reference on attachment-it has “become indispensable” in the field. Coverage includes the origins and development of attachment theory; biological and evolutionary perspectives; and the role of attachment processes in personality, relationships, and mental health across the lifespan.Buy on Amazon
- Sam McBratney and Anita JeramThe American Booksellers Book of the Year nominee is available as a sturdy board book for the youngest of children. Little Nutbrown Hare wants to show Big Nutbrown Hare how very much he loves him - but love as big as his is very hard to measure!Buy on Amazon
- Deborah D. Gray and Megan ClarkePacked full of great ideas for fun games and activities, this book encourages positive attachments between a parent or carer and their child.When it comes to choosing the best games to play with children who have difficulties attaching, it is often hard to know how to play with a purpose. This book contains fun, age-appropriate games along with an explanation of why they matter. All the games included are designed for specific age ranges, from infants to older children, and help to address particular needs in children that are known to affect attachment, including fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. It provides an easy-to-understand description of attachment and reveals the crucial role that play has in forming attachments.Written for parents and carers, as well as for use by professionals, it is full of strategies to help build healthy attachments in children who have experienced early trauma.Buy on Amazon
- A companion piece useful for working through Hope For Healing.
- Si usted es un padre, o apoya a un padre cuyo hijo sufrió trauma o abandono en su infancia, Esperanza para sanar: una guía para padres sobre el trauma y apego puede contener las respuestas a muchas de sus preguntas. Esta guía reflexiva, escrita por terapeutas y padres que viven y trabajan con niños que tienen un trastorno o alteración del apego, ayudará a los padres, familiares, educadores y otros a aprender a apoyar a los niños en su camino hacia relaciones sanas, amorosas y de confianza.Buy on Amazon