- Riley the Brave is the story of a little bear with big feelings. Join this super-cool cub as he faces his fears with the animals who love him. Includes educational afterword for caring adults."Big critters" can help the "cubs" in their lives as they read and re-read this playful and poignant children's book. Recommended for ages 3-103WHAT IS IT? More than just a bright and engaging hardback picture book, RILEY THE BRAVE is a tool powered by the latest brain science to help those healing from Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and the parents, family, teachers, therapists and other caring adults in their lives. HOW DOES IT WORK? Through the power of story, parts of the brain blocked by shame, fear or sadness are reached. The story is accessible for all different kinds of families and helps those NOT impacted by trauma better understand their own big feelings as well as what their friends or classmates might be experiencing. WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE AFTERWORD? Easy-to-understand brain science for parents and professionals.HOW IS RILEY THE BRAVE BEING USED? IN THE HOME: It has already become the favorite bedtime story of many - even babies can connect with the colorful images and engaging animals. It also eases conversations about big feelings and challenging behaviors. IN THE CLASSROOM: Fostering social-emotional learning and supporting a trauma-informed environment. It also opens conversations about different kinds of families and race in a non-threatening way. IN HEALTH CARE SETTINGS: Therapists in out-patient and in-patient settings are reporting profound responses to the story and break-through moments in treatment. Pediatricians are adding Riley the Brave to their resource libraries, especially with all the helpful extras available online. IN CHILD WELFARE ORGANIZATIONS: Riley the Brave is a perfect tool for training and supporting staff and parents involved with foster care and adoption.Buy on Amazon
- Raily el valiente es la historia de un pequeño osito con sentimientos grandes. Únase a este osito súper genial mientras que enfrenta sus miedos con los animales que lo aman. Incluye un epílogo educativo para adultos. "Criaturas grandes y buenas" pueden ayudar a los "ositos" en sus vidas mientras ellos leen una y otra vez este divertido y conmovedor libro para niños. Recomendado para edades de 3-103 años. ---¿QUÉ ES ESTO? Más que solo un libro con dibujos brillante y atractivo, Riley el Valiente es una herramienta impulsada por las más modernas ciencias del cerebro para ayudar a aquellos que se recuperan de las experiencias adversas de la infancia y a los padres, familiares, maestros, terapeutas y otros adultos comprensivos en sus vidas. Buy on Amazon
- A companion piece useful for working through Hope For Healing.
- Developed specifically for parents and caregivers of children who have disorders of attachment, this guide is a great place to start for understanding treatment, terms and more.
- If you are a parent, or you are supporting a parent, whose child experienced trauma or neglect in early childhood, Hope for Healing: A Parent’s Guide to Trauma and Attachment may hold the answers to many of your questions. This thoughtful guide, written by therapists and parents who live and work with children who have a disorder or disturbance of attachment, will help parents, family members, educators, and others learn to support children on their path to healthy, loving and trusting relationships. The six-hour DVD was designed to be used in support group settings and by therapists in the training of caretakers.
- Si usted es un padre, o apoya a un padre cuyo hijo sufrió trauma o abandono en su infancia, Esperanza para sanar: una guía para padres sobre el trauma y apego puede contener las respuestas a muchas de sus preguntas. Esta guía reflexiva, escrita por terapeutas y padres que viven y trabajan con niños que tienen un trastorno o alteración del apego, ayudará a los padres, familiares, educadores y otros a aprender a apoyar a los niños en su camino hacia relaciones sanas, amorosas y de confianza.Buy on Amazon
Training for Parents and Professionals2 Sessions of Training Starts: Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 7:30 pm Central** after adding, click on View Cart to complete payment
Attachment Training for Parents and Professionals5 Session Training Starts: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 9 pm CST** after adding, click on View Cart to complete payment
Healing Trauma Through Sensory Integration and Occupational Therapy Treatment2 Session Training Starts: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:30 pm – 9 pm CST** after adding, click on View Cart to complete payment
- The six-hour DVD follows the topics introduced in ATTACh’s book Hope for Healing: A handbook for parents of children who have disorders of attachment.
The six-hour DVD follows the topics introduced in ATTACh's book Hope for Healing: A handbook for parents of children who have disorders of attachment. The accompanying Study Guide can also be used as a springboard for discussion of the issues and techniques presented. The presenter is Mary M. McGowan, Executive Director of ATTACh and adoptive parent of five. This DVD will help parents, family members, educators, and others learn to support children on their path to healthy, loving, and trusting relationships.