- Deborah D. Gray and Megan ClarkePacked full of great ideas for fun games and activities, this book encourages positive attachments between a parent or carer and their child.When it comes to choosing the best games to play with children who have difficulties attaching, it is often hard to know how to play with a purpose. This book contains fun, age-appropriate games along with an explanation of why they matter. All the games included are designed for specific age ranges, from infants to older children, and help to address particular needs in children that are known to affect attachment, including fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. It provides an easy-to-understand description of attachment and reveals the crucial role that play has in forming attachments.Written for parents and carers, as well as for use by professionals, it is full of strategies to help build healthy attachments in children who have experienced early trauma.Buy on Amazon
- Sam McBratney and Anita JeramThe American Booksellers Book of the Year nominee is available as a sturdy board book for the youngest of children. Little Nutbrown Hare wants to show Big Nutbrown Hare how very much he loves him - but love as big as his is very hard to measure!Buy on Amazon
- Jude Cassidy, Ph.D.; Phillip R. Shaver, Ph.D.From foremost authorities, this comprehensive work is more than just the standard reference on attachment-it has “become indispensable” in the field. Coverage includes the origins and development of attachment theory; biological and evolutionary perspectives; and the role of attachment processes in personality, relationships, and mental health across the lifespan.Buy on Amazon
Healing Trauma Through Sensory Integration and Occupational Therapy Treatment2 Session Training Starts: Wednesday, September 7, 2016 7:30 pm – 9 pm CST** after adding, click on View Cart to complete payment
The six-hour DVD follows the topics introduced in ATTACh's book Hope for Healing: A handbook for parents of children who have disorders of attachment. The accompanying Study Guide can also be used as a springboard for discussion of the issues and techniques presented. The presenter is Mary M. McGowan, Executive Director of ATTACh and adoptive parent of five. This DVD will help parents, family members, educators, and others learn to support children on their path to healthy, loving, and trusting relationships.
- The six-hour DVD follows the topics introduced in ATTACh’s book Hope for Healing: A handbook for parents of children who have disorders of attachment.
Attachment Training for Parents and Professionals5 Session Training Starts: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 7:30 pm – 9 pm CST** after adding, click on View Cart to complete payment
- If you are a parent, or you are supporting a parent, whose child experienced trauma or neglect in early childhood, Hope for Healing: A Parent’s Guide to Trauma and Attachment may hold the answers to many of your questions. This thoughtful guide, written by therapists and parents who live and work with children who have a disorder or disturbance of attachment, will help parents, family members, educators, and others learn to support children on their path to healthy, loving and trusting relationships. The six-hour DVD was designed to be used in support group settings and by therapists in the training of caretakers.
- A companion piece useful for working through Hope For Healing.
- by Marion Dane BauerA rhyming story about a parent's unlimited love for a child--in the same format as the bestselling book I Love You Through and Through, and with pictures by the same illustrator."How do I love you? Let me count the ways. I love you as the sun loves the bright blue days . . ."In this board book with padded covers, a parent declares her love...as the bees love a flower, a duck loves a shower, a bird loves to sing, a bear loves the spring. Written by Newbery-award-winning author Marion Dane Bauer, inspired by the poem by Elizabeth Barrett Browning, and with pictures by Caroline Jayne Church, illustrator of the bestselling I Love You Through and Through.Buy on Amazon
- by"The book is considered one of the best selling self-published children's titles of all times and has won numerous awards." – CITY SMART MAGAZINE"Digital technology and a little sweat equity helped Laura Duksta pull off an unlikely career switch from bartender to successful children's book author...With $10,000 of her mom's money riding on the first 3000 copies of her children's book... Duksta, who lost her hair due to childhood illness, persevered." – USA TODAYBuy on Amazon